Norwegian’s loyalty programme, Norwegian Reward, has reached 10 million members. So far in 2019, more than three new members signed up to the loyalty programme every minute.
Norwegian has reached a new milestone for its fast-growing loyalty programme as Norwegian Reward has attracted 10 million members worldwide. Roughly 5000 members join the programme every day. Norwegian Reward’s expansion in the UK, Spain and the US has contributed to the rapid growth.
“Reaching 10 million members is a milestone. We are particularly pleased that we are growing so rapidly in the UK which is becoming an increasingly important market for us. Loyal customers are crucial to Norwegian Reward, and Norwegian. We will continue to expand and introduce new partners and make it even easier for our members to earn CashPoints,” said Managing Director of Norwegian Reward, Brede Huser.
The loyalty programme has been awarded nine prestigious accolades since its launch in 2007, including “Program of the Year Europe & Africa” at the Freddie Awards for three consecutive years. “Program of the Year Europe & Africa” at the Freddie Awards for three consecutive years.
Members earn CashPoints when booking Norwegian flights and through external partners, for instance when booking hotel rooms, car rental or airport lounges. Combined, Norwegian Reward’s members have now earned enough CashPoints to buy two million flights between London and New York, half of which have been earned through the loyalty programme’s many partners.
Members can then use their CashPoints as full or partial payment on all Norwegian flights and on other Norwegian products such as checked baggage and pre-ordered meals. They can also claim a “Reward” after every sixth flight which can be used an unlimited amount of times within 12 months. These“Rewards” include free seat reservation, free baggage, free Fast Track and CashPoint boosts. Since the launch of Rewards in 2016, about one million members have obtained at least one Reward.
Passengers can join Norwegian Reward for free now by visiting norwegianreward.com
Norwegian in the UK and Ireland:
- Norwegian carries almost 6 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh and Manchester Airports to 30 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 1,500 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 12 U.S destinations, Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro from London Gatwick
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations and 14 long-haul destinations.
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.8 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Boeing 737 MAX and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for six consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2018, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Norwegian Reward is the airline's free to join award-winning loyalty programme offering members CashPoints and Rewards that reduce the cost of Norwegian flights