Norwegian Reward, the award-winning loyalty program of Norwegian, the World’s Best Low-Cost Long-Haul Airline, has been named Program of the Year Europe & Africa for the third consecutive year at the 2019 Freddie Awards, held in Dallas, Texas. The Norwegian Reward credit card, by Bank Norwegian, was named Best Loyalty Credit Card, Europe & Africa.
The Freddie Awards are the most prestigious member-generated honour for travel loyalty programs and voted by more than 4 million members worldwide who rank the features of airline and hotel loyalty programs to determine the winners. A total of more than 7 million votes were in cast in total.
“It is such an honor to once again be named Program of the Year at the Freddie Awards. We work hard to offer our members a loyalty program that is designed to give them true value, and is easy to understand and benefit from. And we will continue to do so as we are welcoming 150,000 new members every month,“ said Brede Huser, Chief Marketing and Sales Officer.
Norwegian Reward was also nominated in a further four categories: Best Airline Redemption Ability; Best Airline Promotion; Best Airline Customer Service; and Best Airline Elite Program – all for the Europe & Africa region.
Norwegian Reward now has more than 9.3 million members worldwide and in the past six months, Reward welcomed almost 250,000 U.S. members alone. In 2018, 1.9 million new global members joined the program.
In 2018, Norwegian Reward’s holiday campaign, the Christmas Advent Calendar, won Best Promotion, and in 2017, The Norwegian Card, a product of Bank Norwegian, was named Best Affinity Credit Card Europe & Africa at the 2017 Freddie Awards. In 2016, the program also won the Best Up-and-Coming Award and was the runner-up in the Best Airline Program of the Year Europe & Africa category.
The Freddie Awards is named after Sir Freddie Laker, the English airline entrepreneur and visionary, who has been a Norwegian tailfin hero since July 2017.
Norwegian Reward is free to join and members earn CashPoints, the program’s digital currency, every time they fly, stay at a hotel or rent a car. Redeeming CashPoints is simple and can be used like cash to pay for part or an entire ticket on any flight at any time to any of Norwegian’s destinations. Additionally, members can earn and choose a new reward every sixth flight, whether it is free baggage, free fast track, free seat reservation or a CashPoint boost, and is valid for use for up to 12 months.
Norwegian in the UK and Ireland:
- Norwegian carries almost 6 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh and Manchester Airports to 30 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 1,000 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 12 U.S destinations, Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro from London Gatwick
- In 2017, Norwegian also launched affordable transatlantic flights from Edinburgh, Dublin, Cork and Shannon to the US East Coast, using the brand new Boeing 737 MAX aircraft
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.8 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Boeing 737 MAX and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for six consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2018, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Norwegian Reward is the airline's free to join award-winning loyalty programme offering members CashPoints and Rewards that reduce the cost of Norwegian flights