Airline commences twice-weekly service with fares from £43.90 one-way
Norwegian’s newest route to Scandinavian has taken off today with a new non-stop service from Manchester to Norway. The new flight offers consumers in the North West an affordable way to explore the Norwegian city of Bergen with fares from £43.90 one-way available to book now at www.norwegian.com/uk/destinations/bergen.
Passengers travelling out on Norwegian’s new service to Bergen were welcomed at check-in at Manchester Airport today with an inaugural celebration to mark the new route.
The new twice-weekly seasonal service on a Monday and Friday from Manchester Airport to Bergen offers consumers more choice when travelling with Norwegian to Scandinavia.
Holidaymakers can now take advantage of a convenient nonstop service with direct access to the Gateway to the Fjords of Norway. The UNESCO World Heritage City and a European City of Culture combines nature, culture and urban life all in one place. Visitors can enjoy a trip to take in the spectacular landscape views of the fjords, before enjoying the history and culture of the city.
Magnus Maursund, SVP commercial Short Haul at Norwegian said: “We are delighted to offer passengers in the North West another affordable Norwegian service with the addition of our new route from Manchester to Bergen. Passengers travelling with us can enjoy our award-winning complimentary gate-to-gate Wi-Fi and modern comfortable cabin on new state-of-the-art aircraft”.
Julian Carr, Aviation Director at Manchester Airport, said: “We’re delighted to celebrate the launch of Norwegian’s new service to Bergen today. We know it’s a hugely popular route with people from the North West looking to visit Bergen and the surrounding areas and inbound with Norwegians coming to the North and especially to Manchester and Liverpool with our musical and sporting heritage.”
In addition to the new service, Norwegian already operates three non-stop routes to Scandinavia from Manchester Airport with three weekly flights to Oslo, two weekly flights to Stavanger and two weekly flights to Stockholm. Along with the new route the airline will now offer nine weekly flights to Scandinavia from Manchester.
Norwegian began operating from Manchester Airport in 2011 and all flights are served by new 186 seat Boeing 737-800 aircraft, offering all passengers free gate-to-gate Wi-Fi and live TV.
Norwegian carries more than 5.8 million UK passengers each year to over 50 global destinations. The airline has recently added a new tool, Sky Breathe, which allows pilots to
Book now – visit www.norwegian.com/uk or call 0330 8280854
– ENDS –
Notes to editors
Based on lowest available one-way fare per person, incl. taxes and charges, subject to availability
Flight schedule – all times local
Monday – DY1345 departs Manchester 12.15 arrives Bergen 14.55
Monday – DY1344 departs Bergen 10.50 arrives Manchester 11.30
Friday – DY1345 departs Manchester 20.50 arrives Bergen 23.30
Friday – DY1344 departs Bergen 19.30 arrives Manchester 20.10
Norwegian in the UK and Ireland:
- Norwegian carries almost 6 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh and Manchester Airports to 30 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 1,500 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 12 U.S destinations, Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro from London Gatwick
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations and 14 long-haul destinations.
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.8 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Boeing 737 MAX and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for six consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2018, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Norwegian Reward is the airline's free to join award-winning loyalty programme offering members CashPoints and Rewards that reduce the cost of Norwegian flights