Press release -
Norwegian's new direct flight to Rhodes takes-off
Norwegian is continuing its UK expansion with a new direct service from London Gatwick to Rhodes taking off this weekend – just in time for a sunshine break.
Norwegian’s inaugural flight to Rhodes departs on Saturday 17th June with a weekly service throughout summer, and fares available from just £29.90 one-way. Rhodes will be the fifth Greek island Norwegian serves direct from London Gatwick, including Corfu, Crete, Kefalonia, and Santorini.
Thomas Ramdahl, Chief Commercial Officer for Norwegian, said: “Rhodes is a fantastic addition to our growing UK route network and with affordable fares, we expect Brits to flock to the Greek island this summer.”
Award winning airline Norwegian now serves over 40 business and leisure summer destinations from London Gatwick, Manchester, Edinburgh and Birmingham. Short-haul flights are operated by a fleet of brand new Boeing 737 aircraft that will keep passengers connected in the skies with free inflight Wi-Fi.
Seats are available to book now at www.norwegian.com or call 0330 8280854
- ENDS -
Notes to editors:
Fares are per person, per one-way flight and include all mandatory taxes and charges.
Flight schedule: London Gatwick – Rhodes
Departs Saturday: 21:15 Arrives: 03:15+1
Flight schedule: Rhodes – London Gatwick
Departs Saturday: 04:45 Arrives: 07:00
Norwegian in the UK:
- Norwegian carries 5.2 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester Airports to 50 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 800 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 7 U.S destinations with fares from just £139 one way
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for four consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2016, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in both 2015 and 2016