- Over 1.3 million passengers set to travel with Norwegian in the UK this Summer, with New York, Los Angeles and Madrid among the most popular routes
Norwegian is expecting its busiest ever British summer with more than 1.3 million passengers taking advantage of the airline’s unique low-cost flights to America and extensive European city and sun routes.
Norwegian has grown to become the third-largest airline at Gatwick and also operates from Manchester, Birmingham and Edinburgh. Over the summer period from July to September, more than 1.3 million passengers are expected to fly with Norwegian to and from UK airports with up 560 flights per week. A mix of US cities and European breaks are among the most popular routes:
Big Apple at a small cost, City of Angels at a heavenly price
Norwegian is the only airline offering British passengers direct low-cost flights to America - this summer, low-cost flights from London to New York and Los Angeles are the most popular long-haul routes with fares from just £149. Norwegian now serves 8 US destinations in total with flights to Boston, Oakland-San Francisco, Las Vegas, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale and Puerto Rico also available from £135.
Bargain breaks in the city, sun and Scandinavian
Norwegian also has an extensive, growing European network with flights from UK airports to more than 40 European destinations. This summer, city breaks to sun-kissed Madrid and Barcelona are among Norwegian’s most popular routes while high-frequency flights to Scandinavian cities like Oslo, Stockholm, Gothenburg and Copenhagen also remain popular, all with fares from just £29.90.
Norwegian Chief Commercial Officer Thomas Ramdahl said:
“Whether it’s sun-filled cities like Los Angeles and Madrid, or cultural city breaks like New York and Copenhagen, Norwegian has something to offer on both sides of the Atlantic for cost-conscious travellers.
“We’re delighted that our unique mix of low-cost flights to both Europe and the US continue to prove popular with Brits and we look forward to welcoming a record number of UK passengers on-board this summer.”
Norwegian in the UK:
- Norwegian first launched UK flights in 2003 and now operates from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester Airports to more than 40 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 3.9 million yearly passengers, and with more than 700 pilots, cabin crew and staff working from its Gatwick base
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 8 U.S destinations with fares from just £135 one way
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 737-800s