Press release -
Norwegian reports 13 percent passenger growth in January
Norwegian carried more than 2.6 million passengers in January, an increase of 13 percent compared to the same month previous year.
A total of 2,638,958 passengers chose to fly with Norwegian in January, 305,026 more passengers than the same period last year. The total traffic growth (RPK) increased by 18 percent and the capacity growth (ASK) increased by 27 percent. The load factor was 76.1 percent.
“We are very pleased with the continued passenger growth in January, a month traditionally characterised by less demand. Norwegian has been through a period with significant growth, but now the company will change its strategic focus from expansion and growth to profitability,” said CEO of Norwegian, Bjørn Kjos.
Norwegian operated 99.5 percent (up 0.6 percentage points) of the scheduled flights in January, whereof 79.8 percent (up 7.4 percentage points) departed on time.
Please find more information in the attached traffic report.
Norwegian in the UK and Ireland:
- Norwegian carries almost 6 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh and Manchester Airports to 50 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 1,000 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 11 U.S destinations, Buenos Aires and Singapore
- In 2017, Norwegian also launched affordable transatlantic flights from Edinburgh, Belfast, Dublin, Cork and Shannon to the US East Coast, using the brand new Boeing 737 MAX aircraft
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.7 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Boeing 737 MAX and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for six consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2018, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Norwegian Reward is the airline's free to join award-winning loyalty programme offering members CashPoints and Rewards that reduce the cost of Norwegian flights