Press release -
Norwegian offers repatriation fares to those affected by Primera bankruptcy
- Norwegian makes repatriation fares available for Primera passengers travelling long haul between London and New York JFK, Paris and Newark/JFK/Boston
- Short Haul repatriation fares are also available between Copenhagen and Chania in Greece/Malaga/Gran Canaria/Palma De Mallorca
- Repatriation fares on selected routes available for travel until 14th October
In light of the recent announcement that Primera has ceased operations with immediate effect and filed for bankruptcy Norwegian has issued repatriation fares for affected passengers.
Repatriation fares are available on the following routes:
London Gatwick and New York JFK
Paris and Newark, New York JFK and Boston
Copenhagen and Chania in Greece, Malaga, Gran Canaria and Palma De Mallorca
Passengers can book these reduced fares, representing a discount of 50 per cent compared to the standard net economy fare excluding taxes, for travel up to 14th October 2018 subject to availability.
To avail of these repatriation fares passengers must call the Norwegian dedicated hotline on +47 210 16771, proof of a Primera booking or ticket must be provided at the time of booking and documented evidence will be required at check in.
Norwegian in the UK and Ireland:
- Norwegian carries 5.8 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh and Manchester Airports to 50 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 1,000 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 11 U.S destinations, Buenos Aires and Singapore
- In 2017, Norwegian also launched affordable transatlantic flights from Edinburgh, Belfast, Dublin, Cork and Shannon to the US East Coast, using the brand new Boeing 737 MAX aircraft
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.7 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Boeing 737 MAX and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for six consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2018, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Norwegian Reward is the airline's free to join award-winning loyalty programme offering members CashPoints and Rewards that reduce the cost of Norwegian flights