Norwegian was today awarded the title of ‘Best Low Cost Airline – Europe’ for a fourth consecutive year by leading industry website www.airlineratings.com.
Airlineratings.com attracts over 14 million visitors from 232 countries, with the website announcing its Airline Excellence Awards each year to celebrate and promote excellence in the airline industry.
In selecting Norwegian as Europe’s Best Low Cost Airline for a fourth consecutive year, the website’s editorial team praised Norwegian for its innovation of bringing affordable and safe travel to millions of passengers across Europe and beyond.
Norwegian CEO Bjorn Kjos said: “We are pleased to receive this industry recognition which shows that throughout Norwegian’s rapid expansion, we are continuing to offer passengers high-quality services and affordable fares.”
AirlineRatings.com Editor-in-Chief Geoffrey Thomas said: “Norwegian has re-written the low cost book and delivers outstanding value to its passengers. You know your airline is a winner when other airlines try and block your innovation and low fares.”
- ends -
Norwegian in the UK:
- Norwegian first launched UK flights in 2003 and now operates from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester Airports to more than 40 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 3.9 million yearly passengers, and with more than 700 pilots, cabin crew and staff working from its Gatwick base
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 8 U.S destinations with fares from just £135 one way
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for four consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2016, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in both 2015 and 2016