Press release -
Norwegian loyalty scheme wins two awards at 2018 Freddie Awards
– Norwegian Reward wins Program of the Year and Best Promotion at prestigious awards
Norwegian Reward, the loyalty programme of Norwegian has won ‘Program of the Year Europe & Africa’ for the second consecutive year at the 2018 Freddie Awards in Seattle last night. The free to join loyalty programme was also recognised for its Christmas Advent Calendar initiative which won ‘Best Promotion’.
The Freddie Awards are the most prestigious member-generated honour for travel loyalty programmes. The awards are voted on by more than 4.2 million members worldwide who rank the features of airline and hotel loyalty programmes to determine the winners.
Norwegian Reward has more than 7.4 million members globally who receive CashPoints (approx. 10 = £1) which can be earned by booking Norwegian flights and purchasing products and services with Reward’s growing list of partners. CashPoints can then be spent toward the cost of Norwegian flights, including all flight extras and taxes. Additionally, members can choose from a new reward every sixth flight of either free baggage, free fast track, free seat reservation or a CashPoint boost, which is valid for use for up to 12 months.
Brede Huser, Managing Director at Norwegian Reward said: “It’s truly amazing to see that Norwegian Reward won Program of the Year Europe & Africa and Best Promotion at this year’s Freddie Awards. We are extremely proud that our hard work continues to be recognised by this prestigious institution.
“We’ve worked tirelessly to create a comprehensive loyalty programme, and we will continue to improve our offerings and membership rewards to meet the needs of the modern traveller.”
Norwegian Reward won Program of the Year Europe & Africa and the Norwegian credit card, a product of Bank Norwegian, was named Best Affinity Credit Card Europe & Africa at the 2017 Freddie Awards. In 2016, the programme won the ‘Best Up-and-Coming Award’ and was runner-up in the Best Airline Program of the Year – Europe & Africa category.
As indicated by each year’s rankings, Norwegian Reward has grown significantly in popularity over recent years. The programme now has more than 7.4 million members worldwide and is estimated to increase to 9 million by the end of 2018.
About Norwegian Reward
Norwegian Reward is the award-winning loyalty programme of Europe’s third largest low-cost airline, Norwegian. The loyalty programme launched in 2007 and currently has more than 7 million members worldwide earning CashPoints which helps reduce the cost of travel with Norwegian. Norwegian Reward won ‘Program of the Year Europe and Africa’ and ‘Best Promotion’ at the 2018 Freddie Awards and Airline Program of the Year and Best Loyalty Credit Card Europe/Africa at the 2017 Freddie Awards. For more information please visit www.norwegianreward.com
Norwegian in the UK and Ireland:
- Norwegian carries 5.8 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh and Manchester Airports to 50 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 1,000 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 11 U.S destinations, Buenos Aires and Singapore
- In 2017, Norwegian also launched affordable transatlantic flights from Edinburgh, Belfast, Dublin, Cork and Shannon to the US East Coast, using the brand new Boeing 737 MAX aircraft
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners, Boeing 737 MAX and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for five consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2017, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Norwegian Reward is the airline's free to join award-winning loyalty programme offering members CashPoints and Rewards that reduce the cost of Norwegian flights