Press release -
Helga Bollman Leknes appointed Chief Commercial Officer in Norwegian
Ms. Helga Bollmann Leknes has been appointed Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) in Norwegian.
“I am very pleased to announce that Helga Bollmann Leknes has been appointed Chief Commercial Officer of Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA. She will remain in her current role as Managing Director of Norwegian Air Resources (NAR), which she has led since March 2018,” says Norwegian’s CEO Bjørn Kjos.
Ms. Bollmann Leknes joined Norwegian in October 2017 as Chief HR Officer and has also been responsible for commercial management since September 2018.
“Helga has done a great job within a short amount of time. From now on, she will be responsible for the whole commercial value chain, a unique position for managing the synergies between vital parts of our operations,” Kjos continues.
Norwegian in the UK and Ireland:
- Norwegian carries 5.8 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh and Manchester Airports to 50 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 1,000 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 11 U.S destinations, Buenos Aires and Singapore
- In 2017, Norwegian also launched affordable transatlantic flights from Edinburgh, Belfast, Dublin, Cork and Shannon to the US East Coast, using the brand new Boeing 737 MAX aircraft
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.7 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Boeing 737 MAX and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for six consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2018, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Norwegian Reward is the airline's free to join award-winning loyalty programme offering members CashPoints and Rewards that reduce the cost of Norwegian flights