- Norwegian launch UK’s only link to Puerto Rico with fares from £159
- Joined at launch by legendary TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth and Puerto Rican wife Lady Wilnelia Forsyth
- First time the route has been served directly in almost a decade
Passengers travelling on Norwegian’s first flight to San Juan got a “Brucie bonus” today as the legendary TV host and his Puerto Rican wife surprised holidaymakers at the airport.
Sir Bruce and Lady Forsyth attended the launch of Norwegian’s brand new flights to Puerto Rico at London Gatwick, and welcomed the return of direct services to the salsa capital for the first time in almost a decade.
Norwegian, Europe’s third largest low cost carrier, will operate two flights per week to San Juan using state of the art Dreamliner aircraft. Seats start from £159 one way – making them some of the most affordable Caribbean flights ever, and helping to open up the island to holidaymakers of all budgets.
Sir Bruce and Lady Forsyth – the only Puerto Rican to ever win the Miss World competition – greeted passengers bound for San Juan as they waited to board their flight. The pair travel to Puerto Rico annually and discussed their favourite places to visit, before taking a spin with salsa dancers performing traditional Puerto Rican routines.
Sir Bruce Forsyth said: “Puerto Rico is my second home and the return of direct flights is fantastic news. I enjoyed spending time with passengers flying out for the first time with Norwegian, and look forward to travelling out to visit friends and family this Christmas.
Lady Wilnelia Forsyth said: “I am delighted that Puerto Rico has a direct link to the UK, and that thousands of British holidaymakers can now easily explore the island for the first time in almost a decade. Puerto Rico offers something for everyone with unspoilt beaches, rainforests, designer shopping outlets and a rich history. ”
Norwegian is now the third largest airline at London Gatwick, offering flights to 34 destinations including New York, Boston, Berlin and Madrid. The airline has had its busiest ever summer in the UK, and also launched two new routes from Birmingham to Tenerife and Gran Canaria this week.
Thomas Ramdahl, Commercial Director for Norwegian, said: “Puerto Rico is our fifth long haul route to launch from London Gatwick in just 18 months and demonstrates the demand for affordable transatlantic flights from the UK. Puerto Rico offers a unique combination of American – Caribbean culture which we expect to prove a hit with British holidaymakers.”
London Gatwick - Puerto Rico
Departs Wednesdays 13:15pm Arrives Wednesdays 18:30pm
Departs Saturdays 11:30am Arrives Saturdays 16:45pm
For more information contact: Chase Burns, PR Manager UK - Norwegian - +44 748 2000 646 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Norwegian in the UK
- Norwegian first launched UK flights in 2003 and now operates from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester Airports to 34 destinations worldwide.
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 3.4 million yearly passengers as of June 2015, and with 130 pilots and 300 cabin crew working from its Gatwick base
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. flying directly from Gatwick to New York, Fort Lauderdale and Los Angeles
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free in-flight WiFi on UK flights to 29 European destinations