Press release -
Sale and leaseback of three Boeing 737-800’s and established a credit facilit
As part of the ongoing financing programme Norwegian’s subsidiary Arctic Aviation Assets has completed sale and leaseback of three Boeing 737-800 aircraft delivered in the fourth quarter 2016. This covers all the remaining deliveries by Boeing in 2016. The three aircraft will be leased for a period of 10 years and will be operated by Norwegian. In 2016 Norwegian has financed four of a total seventeen new Boeing 737-800 aircraft using sale and leaseback.
Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA has also established a credit facility of up to NOK 1 billion with DNB. The credit facility strengthen Norwegian’s liquidity buffer, and is part of the Groups financing strategy to ensure solid and flexible funding.
About Arctic Aviation Assets
Arctic Aviation Assets Ltd. is a fully owned subsidiary of Norwegian Air Shuttle, based in Dublin, Ireland. AAA manages a portfolio of 116 aircraft for the Norwegian Group and has firm orders of 255 aircraft for delivery in 2015 to 2022 in addition to 152 purchase options.
Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA
Fornebu/Oslo 19 December 2016
Tore Østby, VP Investor Relations, tel +47 99546400
Norwegian in the UK:
- Norwegian first launched UK flights in 2003 and now operates from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester Airports to more than 40 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 3.9 million yearly passengers, and with more than 700 pilots, cabin crew and staff working from its Gatwick base
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 8 U.S destinations with fares from just £135 one way
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for four consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2016, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in both 2015 and 2016