- Norwegian named Best in Region: Europe for second consecutive year
- Norwegian continues winning streak of six Passenger Choice Awards within the last four years
Norwegian, the world’s fastest-growing airline, won two prestigious Passenger Choice Awards at the annual APEX Awards Ceremony last night during the APEX EXPO in Portland, Oregon. The airline won the categories Best in Region: Europe and Best In-flight Publication, for N by Norwegian Magazine. It was the second year in a row Norwegian was named Best in Region: Europe by passengers.
Bjørn Kjos,Chief Executive Officer at Norwegian said: “At Norwegian we strive to offer our customers the best possible experience – not only in service, but also in terms of in-flight entertainment. We are therefore extremely proud that our passengers have voted for us and named us Best in Europe for a second consecutive year."
“We are the only airline in Europe to offer free WiFi across a short-haul fleet, which thousands of customers enjoy every day, whether it is to work or relax. It really is safe to say we offer customers the best of both the modern and traditional worlds in the air, with our multi award-winning N by Norwegian magazine and our fast WiFi hub."
Norwegian is the only airline in Europe to offer free WiFi on its short-haul flights, and the carrier won its first Passenger Choice Awards in 2012 for Best Inflight Connectivity and Communications. Last year, Norwegian won three awards: Best in Region: Europe; Best Inflight Connectivity and Communications; and Best Single Achievement Award for its map service on the long-haul Dreamliner fleet.
Earlier this month, Norwegian was named Europe’s Leading Low-Cost Airline 2015 by the renowned World Travel Awards, one of the travel industry’s most prestigious awards program, rewarding leaders in the travel sector around the globe. In 2014, over 650,000 individual votes were cast by travel professionals and high-end tourism consumers. Just a few months ago Norwegian was also named the world’s Best Low-Cost Long-Haul Airline and for the third consecutive year Europe’s Best Low-Cost Airline by SkyTrax.
The Passenger Choice Awards were established by the Airline Passenger Experience Association to give a voice to the travelling public and to recognize airline excellence and innovation.
Norwegian in the UK:
- Norwegian first launched UK flights in 2003 and is Europe’s third largest low-cost airline. The carrier operates from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester Airports to 34 destinations worldwide.
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 3.4 million yearly passengers as of June 2015, and with 130 pilots and 300 cabin crew working from its Gatwick base
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. flying directly from Gatwick to New York, Fort Lauderdale and Los Angeles
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to 29 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of four years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for three consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards, and was also the first airline to be awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015 by SkyTrax.