Press release -
Norwegian unveils new partnership with BLOC Hotel Gatwick
- VIP trip for two to Boston on offer to mark new partnership
Low-cost airline Norwegian has partnered with BLOC Hotel Gatwick to allow the airline’s loyalty scheme members to save costs on flights when staying at the stylish, yet affordable hotel.
Norwegian Reward, the award-winning loyalty programme, is now giving members 12% CashPoints when booking any room at BLOC Gatwick. CashPoints can be used to pay for items such as checked baggage, seat reservations and Norwegian flights including taxes which reduces the cost of travel.
Offering compact, designer accommodation, BLOC Hotel is conveniently located next to the departure lounge at Gatwick Airport’s South Terminal which is at the heart of Norwegian’s UK expansion.
To celebrate the new partnership, BLOC and Norwegian are giving anyone the chance toenter a draw to win a VIP trip for two to Boston. Winners will receive a pair of return tickets in Norwegian’s Premium Cabin, a pre-flight stay in BLOC Gatwick’s Runway Suite, three night stay at a leading hotel, $1000 spending money and 2000 Norwegian Reward CashPoints which is the equivalent of two return flights from London to Madrid.
Norwegian Reward is free to join and those who sign up can quadruple their chances of winning the prize draw with four entries. There are also opportunities to increase the chance of winning by engaging with Norwegian and BLOC on social media.
Brede Huser, Vice President of Norwegian Reward said: “We’re partnering with the most attractive and relevant organisations in the UK to give Norwegian Reward members the most value when flying Norwegian. Our loyalty scheme is unlike any other in the skies as we have no restrictions or blackout periods and it’s entirely free for anyone to join. Now thanks to our exciting partnership with BLOC Hotel Gatwick, you can earn cost savings after a comfortable night’s sleep and have the opportunity to win an amazing VIP trip for two to Boston, Massachusetts.”
Rob Morgan, Managing Director at BLOC Hotels said: “We at BLOC Hotels are thrilled to collaborate with Norwegian as there is a strong brand alignment. Both offer affordable solutions in the modern world. Both are young businesses with ambitions to change the way our customers approach travel. Both aim to offer great passenger and guest experiences with a focus on technology and efficiency. The opportunity to experience the best of both is on offer with this competition. The best park, sleep, fly experience an airport can offer.”
More than 500,000Norwegian Reward members in the UK are benefitting from exclusive discounts and offers with Norwegian. Members earn rewards on all Norwegian flights which can be used to boost CashPoints, gain free seat reservation, free fast-track or free baggage for a year.
Norwegian Reward members travelling from Gatwick can also receive an exclusive 15% discount and 25 CashPoints when booking airport lounge access with No1 lounge which includes complimentary Premium Security lane access to skip the queues.
The popular loyalty programme was awarded the “Best up-and-coming Award” at the 2016 Freddie Awards - the most prestigious member-generated awards in the travel loyalty industry.
For the chance to win a VIP trip for two to Boston visit: www.blochotels.com/boston
Norwegian in the UK:
- Norwegian first launched UK flights in 2003 and now operates from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester Airports to more than 40 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 3.9 million yearly passengers, and with more than 700 pilots, cabin crew and staff working from its Gatwick base
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 8 U.S destinations with fares from just £135 one way
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for four consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2016, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in both 2015 and 2016