- Airline’s most frequent fliers in 2017 to receive free return long-haul flights and Premium upgrades next year
Low-cost airline Norwegian’s loyalty programme Norwegian Reward is now giving its most frequent flying members in 2017 a free return flight or upgrade to its Premium cabin on any long-haul route for travel in 2018.
Norwegian has grown to become Gatwick Airport’s second largest long-haul airline, exclusively operating brand new Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft on Britain’s only direct low-cost flights to the USA, Asia and South America. The airline continues its rapid expansion in September with three new routes commencing to Denver, Seattle and Singapore followed by new services to Buenos Aires, Chicago and Austin in 2018 from £150 at www.norwegian.com/uk.
Norwegian Reward is a free-to-join loyalty scheme which gives members the chance to earn rewards and CashPoints which can lead to discounted and free Norwegian flights.
Free Long-haul tickets
Norwegian Reward members who fly at least 20 round trips (40 one way flights) and have at least 3000 CashPoints earned on flight tickets by 31 December 2017 will receive a free return flight to any one of Norwegian’s 13 long-haul destinations from Gatwick.
Flights are redeemable in January 2018 with a valid travel period throughout the entire year of 2018.*
Free upgrades to Premium
The loyalty programme is also offering members who fly at least 10 round trips (20 one way flights) on flexible tickets in 2017 a free upgrade to Premium on any long-haul route.
Passengers flying Premium benefit from a spacious cradle seat with more than a metre of legroom, complimentary meals and drinks and free lounge access at select airports including Gatwick.
Members can book the lowest available economy fares for long-haul travel at any time of the year in 2018* and upgrade to Premium free of charge.
Brede Huser, SVP at Norwegian Reward said:“There has never been a better time to be a Norwegian Reward member as we’re now giving away free long-haul flights and Premium upgrades to our most loyal customers.
“Our members have easier access to discounted and free flights through a range of new partners which reflects the robust growth in our UK membership that has increased more than 50 per cent in the past year alone.
“Now our most frequent fliers can fly Norwegian to their long-haul destination of choice and enjoy high quality comfort in economy or Premium on the 787 Dreamliner entirely for free.”
Norwegian Reward is also giving members the generous opportunity to combine the free long-haul ticket and Premium upgrade if they qualify.
Norwegian Reward is an award-winning loyalty programme, winning ‘Programme of the Year Europe/Africa’ and Norwegian Reward Visa was named ‘Best Loyalty Credit Card Europe/Africa’ at the 2017 Freddie Awards.
The loyalty scheme has recently launched the new Reward Family Account, giving groups of up to seven people the chance to pool CashPoints together, and the Reward eShop where members can do online shopping at Britain’s most popular retailers and earn CashPoints.
Notes to editors
*Terms and conditions apply
- The travel period for the free long-haul ticket and Premium upgrade is the entire year of 2018, except for the following dates:
- From 1 January to 15 January 2018
- From 21 March to 3 April 2018
- From 15 June to 26 August 2018
- From 14 December to 31 December 2018
- The free ticket is personal and may only be used by the Reward member/customer who earned it.
- The ticket is a round trip LowFare+ ticket to any of Norwegian’s destinations and includes seat reservation and luggage. Meals are also included on long haul flights.
- The ticket follows the same fee, change and cancellation restrictions as ordinary LowFare tickets.
- The trip must start and end at the same airport in the country in which the member resides.
More details can be found athttps://en.norwegianreward.com/aboutrewards/limited-edition
About Norwegian Reward
Norwegian Reward is the award-winning loyalty programme of Europe’s third largest low-cost airline, Norwegian. The loyalty programme launched in 2009 and currently has almost 5.5 million members worldwide earning CashPoints which helps reduce the cost of travel with Norwegian. Norwegian Reward won the “Best up-and-coming Award” at the 2016 Freddie Awards.
Norwegian in the UK:
- Norwegian carries 5.2 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester Airports to 50 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 800 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 7 U.S destinations with fares from just £139 one way
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for four consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2016, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in both 2015 and 2016