Press release -
Norwegian reveals the cheapest summer 2017 flights to the USA
Low-cost airline Norwegian has put on sale its summer 2017 low-cost flights to the U.S. from as little as £149 one way.
For those pondering a trip across the pond, Norwegian has now made 360,000 transatlantic seats available for travel next summer from Gatwick as the airline continues to introduce brand new Boeing 787 Dreamliners, one of the world’s most modern aircraft.
Norwegian is rapidly growing the number of low-cost flights from the UK, launching three new direct routes to the U.S. this year alone. The award-winning airline is also growing its fleet of jet lag busting 787 Dreamliner aircraft which offer high quality comfort and inflight entertainment to all passengers in two classes – Premium and economy.
Norwegian’s new summer 2017 fares to the U.S. are now available to book:
London Gatwick to:
- Boston – Economy from £149 / Premium from £449
- New York – Economy from £179 / Premium from £499
- Ft. Lauderdale-Miami – Economy from £179 / Premium from £579
- Orlando – Economy from £179 / Premium from £579
- Oakland – San Francisco – Economy from £199 / Premium from £579
- Los Angeles – Economy from £199 / Premium from £499
Thomas Ramdahl, Chief Commercial Officer at Norwegian said: “We’re releasing sizzling fares for next year’s summer programme as low-cost long-haul travel continues to take-off. With more state-of-the art 787 Dreamliners joining our fleet, UK passengers have more options to travel in fresh aircraft without breaking the bank. As we continue our UK expansion, consumers can expect to see more of Norwegian as we’re making it easier to travel in comfort with affordable fares to the top U.S. destinations.”
Norwegian is the only low-cost airline offering the UK direct flights to the U.S. and Caribbean. The airline’s award-winning transatlantic services will continue to expand from Gatwick on 31 October with winter-only flights to Las Vegas and the UK’s only direct flights to Puerto Rico that will resume from 2 November.
The Boeing 787 Dreamliner is exclusively used on Norwegian’s U.S. routes and the carrier operates one of the youngest fleets of aircraft in Europe with an average age of 3.6 years.
Norwegian in the UK:
- Norwegian first launched UK flights in 2003 and now operates from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester Airports to more than 40 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 3.9 million yearly passengers, and with more than 700 pilots, cabin crew and staff working from its Gatwick base
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 8 U.S destinations with fares from just £135 one way
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for four consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2016, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in both 2015 and 2016