- City breaks top the most popular getaways for Norwegian passengers in the UK
Low-cost airline Norwegian reveals the most popular destinations for Brits jetting off this May bank holiday (29 April - 2 May).
Norwegian, which serves more than 40 destinations direct from Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester, has revealed the top three destinations UK holidaymakers have booked for travel over the May bank holiday weekend using Norwegian Holidays.
Top three May bank holiday destinations booked (in order of popularity):
As Norwegian’s record breaking summer season gets underway, Norwegian Holidays has also revealed the most popular destinations British tourists have booked this week (in order of popularity):
Thomas Ramdahl, Chief Commercial Officer at Norwegian said: “Brits are saving time and money on their next holiday by booking affordable package deals with Norwegian. City breaks are continuing to be popular and with our low fares, we’re making it easier to access Europe and the U.S. for a long weekend getaway. Norwegian has more than 45,000 seats from the UK direct to a range of popular destinations over the May bank holiday, including Pula, Boston and our newest destination Crete. As such, Brits flying with Norwegian get to experience brand new comfortable aircraft and a high quality service, all at a low-cost.”
Browsers of Norwegian’s website have access to the Low Fare calendar which plots the lowest available fares to all of the carrier’s destinations. By selecting the departure airport and destination and viewing the month of travel, browsers can easily gain access to the lowest possible rates.
Norwegian also offers UK passengers the only direct low-cost flights to the U.S. with a record number 425,000 transatlantic seats this summer. New direct flights from Gatwick to Oakland-San Francisco will take off from 12 May offering the UK a seventh low-cost route to the U.S with fares available from £149.
Norwegian in the UK:
- Norwegian first launched UK flights in 2003 and now operates from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester Airports to more than 40 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 3.9 million yearly passengers, and with more than 700 pilots, cabin crew and staff working from its Gatwick base
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airlines now flies to 7 U.S destinations with fares from just £135 one way
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of four years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for three consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards, and was also the first airline to be awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015 by SkyTrax