Press release -
Norwegian reveals how to get a free upgrade and long-haul flight in 2019
- Airline also launches a special limited offer of discounted fares from London to select USA destinations
Norwegian will offer a free long-haul ticket and Premium upgrade next year to its most frequent flyers in 2018. The carrier is also offering discounted fares to consumers on select Florida routes from London Gatwick with a special discount code that can be used by Wednesday 4 July at www.norwegian.com/uk.
Norwegian has grown to become the second largest long-haul airline at London Gatwick offering 13 long-haul routes with an average of 60 weekly departures to the USA, Argentina and Singapore. The airline’s award-winning loyalty scheme, Norwegian Reward, has amassed 1.1 million members in the UK. Members benefit from earning CashPoints when they book flights and purchase services from Reward’s growing number of UK partners which can be used to cover the cost of any Norwegian flight.
Last year, Limited Edition Rewards first launched and gave Norwegian Reward members a free long-haul flight or an upgrade in 2018. This year, Norwegian and Norwegian Reward are giving customers the opportunity to benefit from free flights and extra comfort in 2019.
The carrier reveals how:
1. Join Norwegian Reward
Only Norwegian Reward members will be eligible to earn a free long-haul flight and Premium upgrade. The loyalty programme is free to join for all at www.norwegianreward.com
2. Fly at least 10 round trips (20 one-way flights)
To receive a free Premium upgrade, members must fly at least 10 round trips (20 one-way flights) on flexible tickets before the end of this year.The member’s Reward Number must be added to the booking and CashPoints can be claimed up to 30 days after departure.
Premium is available on all 14 Norwegian long-haul routes from London-Gatwick and includes lounge access, fast track and more than a metre of legroom as part of a high quality upgraded service. The free upgrade can be redeemed by booking Norwegian’s lowest long-haul economy fares which start from £149.90 one way. The upgrade must be booked by 31 January 2019.
3. Fly at least 20 round trips (40 one-way flights)
To receive a free long-haul ticket, members must fly at least 20 round trips (40 one-way flights) and have earned at least 3000 CashPoints on flight tickets in 2018.
Norwegian flies modern Boeing 787 Dreamliners on all long-haul routes to 11 US cities including Ft. Lauderdale (Miami), Orlando and Chicago and on the UK’s only low fare flights to South America and Asia.
The free long-haul ticket is a round trip LowFare+ ticket to any of Norwegian’s destinations and includes seat reservation, meal service and a checked bag.
Brede Huser, Managing Director at Norwegian Reward said: “Our most loyal customers can receive a free long-haul flight and upgrade to Premium as a thank you for regularly flying Norwegian.
“Our generous annual Limited Edition Rewards promotion builds upon its popularity from last year and even if consumers aren’t able to qualify, they can still earn CashPoints while flying in high quality comfort at unmatched fares to global destinations.”
Norwegian Reward is also giving qualifying members the opportunity to combine the free long-haul ticket and Premium upgrade. Qualifying members may instead use the free long-haul ticket to fly any of Norwegian’s short-haul destinations. If a connecting flight is required to reach the desired destination, Norwegian will cover one connecting flight each way.
Customers can earn their way to Norwegian’s Limited Edition rewards on flights booked directly on Norwegian.com and through a travel agent, when the Reward number is applied to the booking.
Florida flight saver
Holidaymakers seeking a post-summer break in the Sunshine State can now book a discounted fare from London Gatwick to Fort Lauderdale (Miami) and Orlando using discount code: FLORIDAFALL18 by Wednesday 4 July 2018. The travel period is from September to October 2018, excluding weekends or public holidays, and flights are subject to availability.
Norwegian Reward won ‘Programme of the Year Europe/Africa’ for the second consecutive year at the 2018 Freddie Awards which marks the most voted for airline loyalty programmes.
For more information visit www.norwegianreward.com
https://en.norwegianreward.com/about-us/about-rewards/limited-editionNotes to editors
*Terms and conditions apply
- The qualification period for the long-haul ticket and Premium upgrade is the entire year of 2018
- The travel period for the long-haul ticket and Premium upgrade is the entire year of 2019, except for the following dates:
From 1 January to 13 January 2019
From 11 April to 24 April 2019
From 14 June to 18 August 2019
From 13 December to 31 December 2019
- The free ticket is personal and may only be used by the Reward member/customer who earned it.
- The ticket is a round trip LowFare+ ticket to any of Norwegian’s destinations and includes seat reservation and luggage. Meals are also included on long-haul flights.
- The ticket follows the same fee, change and cancellation restrictions as ordinary LowFare tickets.
- The trip must start and end at the same airport in the country in which the member resides.
More details can be found at https://en.norwegianreward.com/about-us/about-rewards/limited-edition
About Norwegian Reward
Norwegian Reward is the award-winning loyalty programme of Europe’s third largest low-cost airline, Norwegian. The loyalty programme launched in 2007 and currently has more than 7 million members worldwide earning CashPoints which helps reduce the cost of travel with Norwegian. Norwegian Reward won ‘Program of the Year Europe and Africa’ and ‘Best Promotion’ at the 2018 Freddie Awards and Airline Program of the Year and Best Loyalty Credit Card Europe/Africa at the 2017 Freddie Awards. For more information please visit www.norwegianreward.com
Norwegian in the UK and Ireland:
- Norwegian carries 5.8 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh and Manchester Airports to 50 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 1,000 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 11 U.S destinations, Buenos Aires and Singapore
- In 2017, Norwegian also launched affordable transatlantic flights from Edinburgh, Belfast, Dublin, Cork and Shannon to the US East Coast, using the brand new Boeing 737 MAX aircraft
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.7 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Boeing 737 MAX and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for five consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2017, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Norwegian Reward is the airline's free to join award-winning loyalty programme offering members CashPoints and Rewards that reduce the cost of Norwegian flights