Press release -
Norwegian puts on sale record number low-cost flights to the U.S. for Brits
- Nearly 500,000 seats to the U.S. available this summer from £135
- New larger Dreamliner aircraft offer more seats
Low-cost airline Norwegian has released a record number of seats for holiday-seeking Brits looking to jet away this summer to the U.S. 425,000 seats are now available on Norwegian’s direct flights between the UK and U.S. which include Norwegian’s two latest low-cost destinations – Boston and San Francisco-Oakland with fares from £135.
Norwegian is the only low-cost airline in the UK flying transatlantic direct to seven U.S. destinations on state-of-the-art Boeing 787 Dreamliner. The brand new, larger 787-9 Dreamliner has joined Norwegian’s fleet meaning UK passengers can now access 42,000 more low-cost seats as the airline begins its busiest ever summer.
Almost 80,000 seats are up for grabs between London and Boston from March 27, while San Francisco-Oakland, which launches on May 12, has almost 45,000 seats on sale this summer. Popular family-favourite flights from Gatwick to Orlando also return this summer with 35,000 seats from as low as £199 one way.
Norwegian Chief Commercial Officer Thomas Ramdahl said: “Norwegian is the UK’s best kept secret but not for much longer with a record number of low-cost seats on sale. As more brand new aircraft join our fleet, UK passengers have more seats than ever to choose from this summer.
“2016 will be our breakout year as Brits are seeing the value of our affordable flights to popular European and U.S. destinations. So whether you want to fly to Southern Europe or Southern California, the increased number of affordable seats will make it easier than ever for Brits to take their dream holiday this summer.”
Norwegian’s summer schedule goes live from 27 March to 31 October 2016 with more than 3 million seats now available on all Norwegian flights from London, Birmingham, Edinburgh and Manchester Airports to more than 40 destinations worldwide.
For Brits looking to stay closer to home, there are more than 125,000 seats available between London and Berlin and 70,000 seats to book for flights to and from Rome.
Europe’s third largest carrier also signed a series of new charter agreements with TUI, Thomas Cook Northern Europe and Nazar Nordic that will see Norwegian fly its first ever flights from Cardiff Airport with a charter route to Tenerife.
Norwegian first launched UK flights in 2003 and is Europe’s third largest low-cost airline. The carrier operates from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester Airports to 34 destinations worldwide.
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 3.9 million yearly passengers, and with 130 pilots and 300 cabin crewworking from its Gatwick base
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. flying direct from Gatwick to New York, Fort Lauderdale and Los Angeles
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of four years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for three consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards, and was also the first airline to be awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015 by SkyTrax.