Norwegian, the World’s Best Low-Cost Long-Haul Airline and Airline of the Year 2017, has been named ‘Value Airline of the Year’ by Air Transport World, the leading monthly magazine for the airline industry, at the ATW Airline Industry Achievement Awards.
“I sincerely congratulate CEO Bjørn Kjos and the entire team at Norwegian for this well-deserved Award. The global panel of judges were highly impressed with Norwegian’s achievements and entrepreneurial spirit. Norwegian has truly shaken up the all-important transatlantic market, introducing quality service at low prices, and demonstrating that long-haul can be done at low cost,” said ATW Editor-in-Chief Karen Walker.
“To be named Value Airline of the Year is a major accomplishment for the entire Norwegian team - and I am extremely proud of all our dedicated employees. Our airline was founded on the premise that everyone should be able to afford to fly, and with each new market we enter, we are able to demonstrate Norwegian’s value and offer even more people affordable fares and high-quality service,” said Bjørn Kjos, CEO and Founder of Norwegian.
The ATW Airline Industry Achievement Awards recognise excellence across a broad range of airline operations and are widely considered the most coveted in the aviation industry. The 44th ATW Awards were presented on March 27, 2018 in Dublin, Ireland.
Norwegian launched two new long-haul routes from London Gatwick in March with a daily nonstop service to Chicago and three weekly flights direct to Austin, Texas.
Norwegian in the UK:
- Norwegian carries 5.8 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh and Manchester Airports to 50 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 1,000 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 11 U.S destinations, Buenos Aires and Singapore
- In 2017, Norwegian also launched affordable transatlantic flights from Edinburgh, Belfast, Dublin, Cork and Shannon to the US East Coast, using the brand new Boeing 737 MAX aircraft
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners, Boeing 737 MAX and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for five consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2017, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Norwegian Reward is the airline's free to join award-winning loyalty programme offering members CashPoints and Rewards that reduce the cost of Norwegian flights