Press release -
Norwegian loyalty scheme launches new points-earning family accounts
Low-cost airline Norwegian’s loyalty programme, Norwegian Reward has introduced a new feature which allows groups of families and friends to jointly earn and spend CashPoints. The brand-new Reward Family Account makes it easier for members to pool CashPoints together which can then be spent to reduce the cost of Norwegian flights.
Norwegian Reward is an award-winning loyalty scheme which offers its 5.5 million members worldwide opportunities to save money on flights including Norwegian’s newly announced transatlantic routes between the USA and Rome, Italy. Consumers can join Norwegian Reward for free and receive exclusive benefits and discounts at www.norwegianreward.com.
The new Family Account makes it easier for groups of up to seven people including family members, children, or groups of friends to earn CashPoints together. Everyone’s CashPoint earn is pooled into one Family Account and can be spent when booking any Norwegian flight.
How it works:
- Open a free Family Account at https://en.norwegianreward.com/about-norwegian-reward/family-account
- Invite friends or family members to join the Family Account from your Reward profile
- Each members’ earned CashPoints are transferred to the Family Account
- Decide which group members can redeem the Family Account CashPoints
- The Family Account becomes active and CashPoints can be earned together
Brede Huser, SVP at Norwegian Reward said: “We’re continuously enhancing Norwegian Reward to make loyalty work for our members. Our new Family Account will make it more attractive for families to join Norwegian Reward and start saving money together on Norwegian flights. Not only can families easily benefit from added cost savings with Norwegian Reward but groups of friends can too. As such, we’re making it easier for families and groups to make flying Norwegian even more affordable with our new Family Account.”
Norwegian Reward won Programme of the Year Europe/Africa and Norwegian Reward Visa was named Best Loyalty Credit Card Europe/Africa at the 2017 Freddie Awards.
Members of Norwegian Reward earn CashPoints on all Norwegian flights including the airline’s brand-new flights from the UK&I and Norway to the US east coast which launch this summer. Members also receive a reward after every sixth flight flown which consists of either a CashPoint boost, a free checked bag, free seat reservation or free fast track security valid for 12 months.
Each member of the new Family Account will continue to earn rewards individually.
Notes to editors
About Norwegian Reward
Norwegian Reward is the award-winning loyalty programme of Europe’s third largest low-cost airline, Norwegian. The loyalty programme launched in 2009 and currently has almost 5.5 million members worldwide earning CashPoints which helps reduce the cost of travel with Norwegian. Norwegian Reward won the “Best up-and-coming Award” at the 2016 Freddie Awards.
Norwegian in the UK:
- Norwegian carries 5.2 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester Airports to 50 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 800 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 7 U.S destinations with fares from just £139 one way
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for four consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2016, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in both 2015 and 2016