Press release -
Norwegian introduces its cheapest ever long-haul fare
Low-cost airline Norwegian has introduced its lowest ever fare from London Gatwick to the US at £135. The new reduced fare is now available on all direct flights to Boston this winter giving travellers seeking a winter city break even more affordable access to the US.
Norwegian currently serves eight US cities on its award winning long-haul flights direct from Gatwick with the lowest fares ranging from £149 to £199 dependent on the destination. The new £135 ticket to Boston becomes Norwegian’s lowest ever long-haul fare as the airline continues its UK expansion with the introduction of brand new 787 Dreamliner aircraft and new routes.
February is an ideal time for travel to Boston as hotel room rates are at their lowest during the winter months and there are lots of winter outdoor activities, shows, festivals, museums, and tax-free shopping to take advantage of.
Thomas Ramdahl, Chief Commercial Officer at Norwegian said: “We’re serious about becoming the number one choice for UK travellers and along with introducing more competitive fares for our Premium cabin, we’ve also now reduced our lowest economy fare to the US. Our UK expansion plans will continue as we see huge potential in a nation that loves travel. By introducing our lowest ever fare to one of our most popular destinations shows that Norwegian is the best way to the USA.”
Boston became Norwegian’s sixth US destination from Gatwick in March 2016, with four weekly flights on brand new state-of-the-art 787 Dreamliners serving the New England capital.
Norwegian recently introduced the cheapest transatlantic premium travel from £399 for the airline’s Premium cabin. Premium passengers can check in two 20kg bags, benefit from fast track security, lounge access at selected airports and priority boarding in addition to spacious seats with 46 inch legroom, premium meals and unlimited beverages.
Europe’s third largest low-cost airline will launch brand new direct flights from Gatwick to Las Vegas on 31 October with fares from £179 in economy and £499 in Premium.
Norwegian in the UK:
- Norwegian first launched UK flights in 2003 and now operates from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester Airports to more than 40 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 3.9 million yearly passengers, and with more than 700 pilots, cabin crew and staff working from its Gatwick base
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airlines now flies to 8 U.S destinations with fares from just £135 one way
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of four years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for three consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards, and was also the first airline to be awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015 by SkyTrax