- Increase of 66,000 seats on popular Dublin to New York Stewart route
- Day trip shopping in New York now possible thanks to earlier departure from Dublin
Commencing today Norwegian now offers a double daily service to New York Stewart International from Dublin providing passengers with greater choice and flexibility at an affordable price. With fares from €109 one way at www.norwegian.com/ie there has never been a better time to enjoy the sites of the Big Apple or go on a shopping spree to the renowned surrounding shopping outlet.
From today, Norwegian’s daily nonstop flights from Dublin to New York, have increased to a twice-daily service. The new early morning departure at 8:10 am will offer passengers the earliest flight from Ireland to the USA, which lands at 10:30am local time. The convenient flight schedule will give passengers several hours to shop at Woodbury Common Premium Outlets in New York State and depart for Dublin at 8:30pm the same evening.
Europe’s third largest low-cost airline, first launched transatlantic flights from Dublin to Stewart International Airport in New York State and Providence, Rhode Island, last summer using brand new Boeing 737 MAX aircraft offering up to 189 seats. Each destination serves as a gateway to the metropolitan areas of New York City and Boston, in addition to major tourist attractions in New York State and New England which include Woodbury Common Premium Shopping Outlets, Cape Cod and Nantucket.
Thomas Ramdahl, Chief Commercial Officer at Norwegian said: “From today our customers can enjoy further flexibility and choice when travelling to New York and the US east coast from Dublin in our brand new aircraft. Our affordable fares and convenient flight times mean a day trip to New York whether for work or pleasure can be a reality for all.”
Roland Figueredo, Director of Marketing & Business Development, Woodbury Common Premium Outlets said: “We are excited that Norwegian has launched its twice-daily flights from Dublin to Stewart International Airport. This gives us an opportunity to welcome additional guests from Ireland and offer them the elevated shopping experience that Woodbury Common Premium Outlets is known for. The route that Norwegian and Woodbury Common have created is convenient, allowing guests to arrive early and pack in a full day of shopping at 250 sought-after, high-end designer stores before heading back home.”
Upon arrival at Stewart International Airport in New York, passengers have the option of direct shuttle bus services into New York City which are timed to meet Norwegian’s flight arrivals. In addition there is also the option for passengers to enjoy a seamless shuttle service between Stewart Airport and Woodbury Common which is ideally timed for passengers arriving on the new morning flight from Dublin. Shuttle buses departing Woodbury Common for Stewart International allow passengers to arrive at the airport three hours before Norwegian’s evening flight departures.
In addition from today all Norwegian flights from Dublin Airport will operate from Terminal 2. By consolidating flight operations into one terminal we can offer passengers a seamless transfer experience between our Scandinavian and US services and improved brand awareness.
Notes to editors:
Flight schedule - all times local
Dublin Airport to Stewart, New York -
Stewart, New York to Dublin Airport -
About Woodbury Common Premium Outlets:
With a quaint, small-town feel befitting its Hudson Valley setting, Woodbury Common Premium Outlets are New York’s premier retail destination. Located one hour north of Manhattan in a region rich in natural beauty and outdoor activities, the centre makes an ideal day-trip from the hustle and bustle of the Big Apple – or an attractive destination in its own right.
Discover more than 240 high-end designer and name-brand outlet stores, including Tory Burch, Celine, Acne Studios, Bottega Veneta, Polo Ralph Lauren, Burberry, Coach, Michael Kors and Nike. Customers can save between 25% and 65% on shopping purchases each day.
About New York State:
For visitors wanting to explore beyond the city that never sleeps, New York State’s attractions span from the nearby attractions of the stunning Hudson Valley, known for its excellent wine, craft beer and farm-to-table food, to the magnificent Niagara Falls. Whether looking for outdoor activities, world-class museums and galleries or excellent cuisine, New York State offers a diverse range of attractions for all. For more information, visit www.iloveny.com
Norwegian in the UK and Ireland:
- Norwegian carries 5.8 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh and Manchester Airports to 50 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 1,000 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. - the airline now flies to 11 U.S destinations, Buenos Aires and Singapore
- In 2017, Norwegian also launched affordable transatlantic flights from Edinburgh, Belfast, Dublin, Cork and Shannon to the US East Coast, using the brand new Boeing 737 MAX aircraft
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners, Boeing 737 MAX and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for five consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2017, along with being awarded the ‘World's best low-cost long-haul airline’ in 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Norwegian Reward is the airline's free to join award-winning loyalty programme offering members CashPoints and Rewards that reduce the cost of Norwegian flights